Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national chains of retail cannabis stores called Rise and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 89 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,100 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain's Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
The Assistant Grower is the right hand member to the Head Grower. You will support the creation of resources, developing and reviewing standard operating procedures, policies and operational guidelines to ensure district-wide patient satisfaction and employee productivity. Additional responsibilities include participating in the training/development and education of Grow staff members.
* Participate in developing and implementing rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to advance the Company's mission, vision, goals, and objectives.
* Documentation and continued development of internal processes.
* Direct and assist management of grow schedules, personnel and quality assurance practices.
* Assure compliance with local, state, and federal licensing requirements.
* Accurate data entry in inventory tracking systems.
* Will be required to be on-call and to respond to emergency situations at any time. This may include scheduling issues, potentially covering a vacant shift, facility issues and/ or human resources requirements.
* Manage and coordinate the daily grow operations and Grow process, including: taking clones, potting, transfers, watering, mixing, flower blocks, spraying, cleaning, maintenance, harvesting and schedules/ timelines for each, equipment requirements and training/ development.
* Inventory oversight and management.
* Supports the General Manager with all compliance issues related to the Grow department.
* Supports the General Manager and HR/ Compliance Manager in tracking the Grow department's budget.
* Ensures constant updates are provided for any and all Grow-related equipment.
* Utilizes Grow labor force effectively to meet operating budgets.
* Conducts studies, identifies problems, recommends alternatives and implements solutions in coordination with the CEO.
* Continually reviews current systems for operational efficiency.
* Responsible for abiding by and enforcing the Company's Safety Program.
* Ensures all employees are trained, motivated and empowered to deliver total customer satisfaction.
* Evaluates each employee's ability to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
* Continuously improves the skills, knowledge and morale of all employees; creates an environment where the entire team does the same.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Knowledge and enforcement of the policies, procedures and goals of the Company's Grow Department.
* Knowledge of general management principles and practices, including policy and procedure development, personnel management, and supervision.
* Skill in analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, projecting consequences of proposed actions, and implementing recommendations in support of Company philosophies and goals.
* Skill in planning, organizing, assigning and coordinating resources.
* Ability to research, evaluate and adapt to new methods and techniques for operational improvement.
* Ability to regularly exercise discretionary authority in regards to Grow processes.
* Ability to listen well and communicate effectively.
* Ability to use initiative and independent judgment appropriately.
* Understanding of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations as they pertain to the Grow operation.
* Driver's license or State ID card.
* Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
* Must pass any and all required background checks.
* Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or Company regulations for working in the industry.
* Must obtain and retain a state-issued Medical Cannabis ID badge.
* Bachelor's degree in Horticulture, Plant Science, Business or related management experience.
* Grow/cannabis experience required.
* Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered, including internal experience.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, reaching, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
* PHYSICAL DEMANDS: May be required to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 75 pounds (200 pounds with assistance)
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission the right to wellness informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.