2020 Engineering Coop (Supply Chain)
Employment Type: Full-Time
The J&J Supply Chain is an integrated, global supply chain that serves the needs of the 1 billion people who use J&J products each and every day around the world. We manufacture more than 26 billion product units per year, from raw component sourcing to end product distribution as efficiently and effectively as possible with high quality, compliance and service performance. Our supply chain organization makes up 45% of all J&J employees, and includes 125 internal manufacturing plants, manages 581 external manufacturers, utilizes 459 distribution centers, partners with over 3,700 direct suppliers, produces over 300,000 sku’s.
The Co-op in our Supply Chain at Johnson & Johnson could work in a variety of functional areas and roles across the Supply Chain organization including but not limited to the following:
- Planning Analysts
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Regulatory Compliance/Quality Engineers
- Program Management Office Associates
- Associate Engineers
- Associate Facilitators
- Project Engineers
- Operations Associates
- Supply Chain Associates
As an Engineering Co-op you will:
- Perform Engineering projects and other work in support of the manufacturing.
- Support projects via technical skills, management skills, and communication to accomplish project analysis, experimental work, troubleshooting, documentation, project coordination and management.
- Support your assigned functional area by performing engineering investigations, performing or overseeing projects or segments of projects in assessment, design, engineering, implementation, validation and documentation.
- Drive continuous improvement behind Lean/Six Sigma projects, cost improvement projects, critical supply inventory tracking, and operations metrics tracking on a site, regional, and global level.
- Assist in performing analysis of the movement of people, processes, and products, throughout the distribution center, monitor current processes, identify and analyze gaps, and develop process improvements.
- Gather and interpret process data to implement improvements in cycle time, yield, or quality.
- Participate or conduct in troubleshooting efforts by analysis and correction of both chemical and mechanical operating problems to maintain or improve existing site operations.
- Prepare and present oral and written reports, as needed, to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Maintain process surveillance programs on issues such as process control, yields, cycle times, quality, and change over.
Loading some great jobs for you...