Join the Maryville Academy Unaccompanied Childrens Shelter and improve the lives of children and families! We have a full time opening for a Bilingual (Spanish) Evening Supervisor in our Des Plaines location.
About Maryville Academy
For more than 130 years, Maryville has been committed to providing protection and guidance to children. As the world has changed, so have the needs of the families and children we serve. Maryville has adapted by focusing on our communitys most critical issues. Today, our range of programs includes residential care, mental health services, healthcare and family support services, as well as a variety of educational and youth development offerings. Maryvilles mission is to help children and families to reach their fullest potential by empowering intellectual, spiritual, moral and emotional growth.
About the Unaccompanied Childrens Shelter
The Unaccompanied Childrens Shelter is home to adolescent boys through the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR). This program provides a safe setting for children during their first days in America until a permanent setting can be established for them.
About the Bilingual Evening Supervisor Position
The Bilingual (Spanish) Evening Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Program Manager in the overall organization and ongoing development of an assigned residential setting during a specific shift. Monitor the interactions of staff and youth to ensure appropriate service delivery in a safe and nurturing environment. monitor the job site, intervene in crisis situations, and supervise overnight personnel during the night time hours. Engaged primarily in the performance of managerial duties. Customarily and regularly directs two or more employees.
* Monitors the occurrences in site specific programs and ensures that all staff are present, awake, and functioning;
* Provides feedback and direction to their subordinates regarding policies and procedures and professional conduct through daily informal consultations;
* Maintains communication with therapists, consultants, and program personnel to ensure effective follow-through;
* Assists in providing training to overnight personnel, which may be home specific or required for workshop completion compliance;
* Implements crisis intervention techniques as needed and may serve as the NCI monitor and assist in other crisis as necessary;
* Evaluates and provides home specific feedback regarding the transportation of all youth to school;
* Monitors and assists home with verification of population;
* Maintains an ongoing daily communication log which is to be used a reference guide;
* Transports youth in a Maryville van as needed;
* Documents any issues or concerns in the program communication log;
* Participates in continued performance quality improvement;
* Performs other work related duties as assigned.
* Bachelors Degree in human service related field from an accredited college or university, plus two years of experience working with children in a residential setting;
* Minimum of 25 years of age;
* Bilingual Spanish/English Required;
* Must possess a valid Illinois driver's license;
* Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with Maryville youth, supervisors, coworkers, subordinates, support agencies, and a variety of internal as well as external consumers.
* Required to frequently sit, stand, bend, stoop, walk and drive for extended periods. Ability to walk up and down stairs;
* Required to lift/move objects and/or youth weighing in excess of 40 pounds;
* Must possess ability to provide physical restraint to youth;
* Must have visual, hearing, and learning capabilities sufficient to perform the essential functions defined above.
Environment and Scheduling:
* Will perform work in and in association with Maryville program settings, as well as, but not limited to schools, recreational facilities, court rooms, hospitals, correctional/detention institutions, and various community settings;
* May maintain an on-call status;
* Duties involve contact with youth who may be threatening, aggressive and/or under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
* Must be flexible in training and scheduling and available to work additional hours as necessary.
Why Join the Maryville Family?
Maryville offers all full-time employees:
* PPO health insurance options
* Vision Insurance
* Dental insurance (after one year of service)
* FSA and HSA
* Paid vacation and sick days
* 9 paid holidays a year
* Long Term Disability and Life Insurance (after one year of service)
* Tuition reimbursement (after one year of service)
For more information about all of the services that Maryville provides, please visit our website at
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.